Monday, November 10, 2008

SPCA

First off, I want to thank the entire 6th grade class for the courtesy and respect you extended to our guest speaker, Ms. Jusinta Johnson. Judging from your attention, you were held captive by her presentation and your emotional heartstrings were tugged by the stories and images of the animals.

My excitement rose with the number of hands that went up when asked who wanted to spend Wednesday afternoons discussing, planning and implementing ways to help the SPCA and the animals. I think in the interest of the program the maximum number of students will remain at the original number of 12. In the 3rd trimester, however, I will offer the activity again and welcome a new group of SPCA Leaders.

I also wanted to introduce you all to our two cats, Bella and Lona. Bella was found in the jungle above KDE and we adopted her after a friend moved to New Zealand. Lona (after the city of Barcelona, Spain) followed a friend home one day a few weeks ago. Bella and Lona took some time to become friends and share the same space, but as you can see they are now playful.

I can't wait to read your blogs!


No comments: