Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blogging Discussion

Good evening, all.

I'm waiting while the squash cooks to make a roasted squash soup.  I roasted a head of garlic, as well, and will add some fresh rosemary later.  Then we'll have some bread and cheese and a healthy salad.  I don't think we have any chocolate in the house, but that's okay....I had some earlier!

Great discussion today about blogging, the audience who reads your blogs, and the appropriate voice to use in your posts.  I especially liked Sarah B.'s description.  I should have taken a photo of it to upload tonight.  I'll try to recreate it in a drawing program.

Hopefully you saw the homework on the BBS, but just to remind you, please blog about blogging.  Include in your blog any lingering or developed thoughts you may have from this afternoon's discussions.  A few of you were quiet today, so this is a good place to voice yourself.  I see a number of people have already posted.  This good because it's 9:15 pm and you should all think about getting to bed.

Update I

Here's the photo I took.  I had to use some old fashion means (paper and pen) to put it together, but hopefully the point is conveyed.  This is an attempt to replicate Sarah B.'s thinking.  Is it close, Sarah?


2 comments:

jdubs said...

I really like your diagram...(*Clap, clap, clap*) :]
It helps me a lot understand because I am a visual learner and I have to see a drawing or a diagram etc. to easily understand or learn.

Riley said...

I definitely agree with Ji Woo. Good drawing! It looks just like the diagram that we drew on the board that day in class.
It also helps me a lot because I too am a visual learner. I think it was a good idea to have a discussion about this in class that day because it gave me the chance to see the difference between writing and blogging although I already had some form of understanding in my mind.
Also...I hope the squash soup is good! That meal sounds very healthy and for that, you earn a gold star! Good job! :)